Commissioners vote to take steps to make Pickett County dry
The Pickett County Commissioners met in regular session at 6:00 p.m. on October 17, 2011. Present and presiding was the Honorable Johnie Neal, Chairman and Robert Lee, Clerk of the Court. All commissioners were present, except Lana Rossi. The following is action taken at that meeting:
5. Approved a motion by Colan Huddleston and seconded by Lowell Winningham to approve the agenda as amended. All ayes. Motion carried.
6. Carried a motion by Becky Matheny and seconded by Eddie Holt to approve the minutes from the September 19, 2011 county court meeting. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Passed a motion by Eddie Holt and seconded by Becky Matheny to approve application fee of Beer Permit to back to $250.00 and Privilege Tax to $100.00 per T.C.A. #57-5-104(A) and the T.C.A. #57-5-104(B); this supersedes action on item 13A from the Sept. 19, 2011 County Court meeting. All ayes, except Lowell Winningham who voted nay. Motion carried.
8. Approved a motion by Kenny Tompkins and seconded by Colan Huddleston to approve to rescind motion 16B (from Sept. 19, 2011 County Court meeting) regarding Beer Sales on Sunday due to misunderstanding. All ayes. Motion carried.
9. Carried a motion by Tony Beaty and seconded by Doug Manis to approve Dr. James Tompkins as Assistant Coroner of Pickett County. All voted aye, except for Kenny Tompkins who passed. Motion carried.
10. A motion by Lowell Winningham seconded by Tony Beaty to approve to raise Wheel Tax from $10.00 to $25.00. The extra funds will go to Debt Service Fund with the intent of lowering Property Tax FY 2012/2013, this being the second of two readings. All ayes, except Darrell Garrett, Eddie Holt, Colan Huddleston, Terry Manis, and Becky Matheny. With a vote of 6 ayes, 5 nays, 1 absent motion failed.
11. Passed a motion by Colan Huddleston and seconded by Becky Matheny to approve Monthly Reports for County General, Solid Waste and debt Service Fund for the month of September 2011. All ayes. Motion carried.
12. A. Discuss Tax Application note for Inter-fund loan in the amount of $451,112.00 to be paid back by June 30, 2012 with new incoming revenues.
B. Redistricting and Reapportionment Deadline
C. Taylor Ford Maintenance Petition
D. To check on Metropolitan Government
Approved a motion by Daniel Masiongale and seconded by Doug Manis to take whatever means necessary to make Pickett County a dry county. All ayes, except Joe Harden voted nay. Motion carried.
13. Carried a motion by Colan Huddleston and seconded by Becky Matheny to adjourn until the next scheduled County Court Meeting on Nov. 21, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. in the community room of the Pickett County Library without roll call.